Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Update . . .

What day is it? Yes, it's Tuesday, 8/5 and I'm just now finding some time to do additional updates to the blog. Hey, I'm still on Vegas time, at work (at lunch) and tired - at least I got pictures updated almost every day. Ed took some fabulous pics on the plane ride home and I hope to get those up to the website tonight...we'll see. I'm pretty sleepy right now.

So where did I leave off? Oh yes, the second day. Imagine my surprise when I logged onto my bank's site and found myself $500 overdrawn. Not knowing what in the world could have caused that (there should have been plenty money in there) I checked and it was the hotel. Since I made the initial reservation with my check card, EVEN THOUGH I GAVE THEM DIFFERENT INFO upon check-in, they debited by account for the expected amount of the bill. And because of that I'm getting overdraft charges.

Not wanting to continue incurring charges, I marched my happy little ass downstairs to the front desk and told them of the situation. After about 1/2 hour, the supervisor had consented to calling the bank and letting them know they didn't need that money and to please release it.

And did I mention that my other account (at Commerce) had transposed account numbers and took $450 out of my account that should have come out of someone else's account? On my birthday? And that they started charging overdraft fees because of their error? Oh yeah. They were good enough to correct that error within a couple of hours, but it took until middle of last week to get the overdraft charges reversed. So there I was, in Vegas, with overdrawn accounts.

No comments: