Thursday, August 7, 2008

Still going . . .

Thursday we decided to "do the daylight". We started off at an outlet mall. HOWEVER, mall doesn't necessarily mean indoors in Vegas . . .it was an outside mall much like the big outlet mall in Osage Beach. And it was hot. And sunny. And I had no sunblock. So we stopped in a cosmetics store and they had a great smelling SPF70. I slathered some of that on my face, neck, chest and arms and away we went!

Went into many stores and when I came out of one, Ed tells me he's got something he knows I'd want to do. Hmm, what in the world could that be? He takes me to the henna tattoo lady! Anyone who knows me fairly well knows that I've been considering a "real" tattoo ever since my last surgery. What I want is a Phoenix - it was a hell of a year last year with two medical leaves and rehabbing new hips so I thought a Phoenix rising from the ashes would be most appropriate. Connor thinks it's not a good idea because, "face it mom, it's permanent" but finally said it would be ok as long as he didn't have to see it all the time.

Anyway - we got ourselves henna tattooed and I must say I like it a lot. It's a very cool set of wings with a heart in the middle which has "E & S" then "just married" underneath. It's one of those things that's visible if I want it to be and not if I don't. I like that idea a lot. It's fading a lot quicker than I'd anticipated, but it's certainly given me positives to getting a real tattoo....

I did go into the Coach store while we were there. I don't understand exactly why, but I want a Coach bag. They are entirely too expensive but I like them. I did get a long standing question of mine answered though - there was a kid in Connor's old school (rich kid) who carried, instead of a back pack, a Coach bag. Found one at the store almost like it - - $500. Ok, that's just too wrong for a kid to be using a $500 bag as a book bag in GRADE school.

After the outlet mall (we did get several souvenir t-shirts and some Nike products) we hit the strip. First was the Luxor to see all the Egyptian "artifacts". Very cool stuff - but no museum/exhibition like I'd thought there would be. AND I found that Criss Angel is coming to The Luxor with Cirque du Soliel in a new show "Believe". That would be a show worth seeing!

After that, we mosied on down the strip to the Excalibur and walked around there. Also great looking interiors. Didn't see any jousting but we only had so much time left before needing to get back for more bowling.

On Friday, we took to the daylight again. This time to the Imperial Palace to see the Auto Collection. Amazing vehicles - mint condition, antiques, sports cars and even the same model year MG that I owned once upon a time. Although this one was a '79 MGB and not the MG Midget like I had. But it sure brought back some great memories - like one night I'd parked it in one spot, came back and it was gone. Because "friends" had picked it up and moved it to the porch.

After that we walked down towards the M&M store but the further we got, the further away it seemed to get, so we crossed over to go check out Caesar's Palace. Now there's a place with an interior! It was, by far, the most gorgeous interior I'd seen. We went to the Forum Shops where we literally ran into a celebrity! Well, it was Ed that ran into him and it was actually the celeb that ran into Ed. Wolfgang Puck was on his way from one of his restaurants to another and he bumped into Ed as we were walking along! And he's much better looking in person than on the Food Network!

Getting close to time to go, we decided that I'd stay at Caesar's and Ed would go fetch the car from valet at Imperial Palace. After some confusion about where the valet ticket was, the car was retrieved and we made it back to the hotel with a few minutes to spare before bowling. It was another rough night of bowling, but that was ok. Afterwards, we ate and played some more machines before hitting the mattress.

No comments: